Sunday 9 February 2014

Busy Girls Nails Challenge: Week 4 Blue

Hey guys,

So this week was a blue theme, and I found what I thought was the perfect inspiration for this - mermaid scale nails! I originally got the idea from here  but I decided to do all my nails but the thumb like this as I thought it might look a little odd on me with only 2 nail designs as I have no studs to decorate the other nails nor a dotting tool big enough to do the big dots like on hers.

Mermaid Nails



Here's my impression; I used quite a few different colours for this, and technically a silver glitter, purple, and a bit of teal to go with the main blue theme, but I really don't have enough blue's to be able to pull this off sadly. Plus I think it looks nicer with the other colours mixed in.









So I can't wait for the Valentines Day theme next week! Sadly no boyfriend to speak of, so it will just be me and the nails celebrating. Hopefully I won't leave it to the last minute again like this week though!

4 comments:

  1. This looks great, Alice! It really does make me think of mermaids! I think you did a good job and the colours you used all make sense even if you feel more colours would have been nice I love the fact there is teal and purple in there too. I'm looking forward to your valentines day nails! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you think it reminds you of mermaids :)

      Delete