Friday 24 May 2013

Glitter and Bows

So today I have a piece of Nail Art that I was actually quite happy with. I will admit that I changed it slightly after a few days because I thought it was a little plain, however, there's nothing wrong with that is there?
I based this on a piece of Nail Art done by the amazing blogger at 'One Nail to Rule Them All' where she was rating the Barry M Nail Art Pens, although as usual I only used cocktail sticks for mine I thought the bow was really cute and wanted to give it a go, minus the glitter on the other nails.

More after the break.. 


So this is how it first started out, apologies that this is before I have neatened it up. I don't have any striping tape so had to get the patterns simply by sliding the brush along carefully.


A few days later however, I decided that the plainer nails were simply too plain, so decided to add a few dots and stripes into the mix, simply with the same black and a cocktail stick.

What do you think? Did it look better before or after?












Here's my favourite nail on its own because I was so proud of it.

The Nail Polishes used in this are:
 Bow fingers;
- Glitter - Barry M Amethyst Glitter,
- Purple - Barry M Berry I/C,
- White - Sally Hansen Natural White 1,
- Black - Rimmel ❤ lasting finish 080 Black Cab.

• Other Fingers;
- Purple - Barry M Berry I/C,
- Bluey/Grey - Sally Hansen Gray by Gray,
- Black - Rimmel ❤ lasting finish 080 Black Cab,
- Purple Glitter - Barry M Magenta Glitter





I hope you like this as much as I did, sorry about the not very good photos again, its still exam period sadly so they were just quick shots. 

2 comments:

  1. You did a really good job here! I can't believe you did this with cocktail sticks, it looks so good! I really like the detailing you added afterwards its so pretty and the bow looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It took me a fair bit of time to do it with a cocktail stick not going to lie, its definitely worth it when it comes out with something like this that you love though! :)

      Delete