Friday 23 August 2013

Haul!

Hey Guys,

Something a little different today.. It was my birthday recently and i've finally had the chance to go shopping. However, due to my mum not wanting me to get any more nail varnish (unfair I know), I spent the money on other things, but I thought I would share them anyway! I did end up getting a couple of polishes and nail related things anyway. You may think its a bit weird how i've mixed the expensive brands with the cheapest ones, this is simply done by whether my mum was with me at the time as if she was, I was not allowed to get the expensive brands...

So, first things first. The 'Rolls Royce of Nail Files', or in other words the small Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File. I wanted to get this for a number of reasons; I don't have very strong nails and some nail files just shred my nails, I had used up all my cheap nail files, and finally and most importantly, this comes with a 25 year guarantee for the surface of the Nail File, meaning that unless if I drop or break this, I will have a guaranteed Nail File for the next 25 years. Bargain - even if this is a little pricey for a Nail File to start with. Just incase you were wondering and can't read the picture, this is what the guarantee states:
"CRYSTAL NAIL FILE    25 year guarantee
The surface of this file will last for 25 years. Manufactured with the finest lead crystal, this file glides smoothly over the nail tip, gently filing it down and removing jagged and uneven edges without dragging. To clean your crystal nail file it should be immersed only in hot water. This will hygienically remove build up and refresh the filing surface. The surface of the nail file is hardened to provide 25 years of usage. If the quality of the surface diminishes in its efficacy, we will replace it free of charge. Please not this guarantee is invalidated if the file is damaged or abused."


 Next, the two Nail varnishes I bought. Well I say bought, but I got the Collection polish free with the bronzer pallet you will see later.
These two are:
- Collection 60 Seconds - 47 Milkshake
- Sinful Colours - Snow Me White (Used last week, but its taken me a while to take pictures of all of these)

Now, my first ever concealer and foundation. No, i'm not really young or anything but I have thankfully got quite nice skin which means I haven't really ever needed it.
However, as its my first I just decided to get the cheapest ones I could (advised by my mum to do this).
So here you have the Natural Collection Foundation in the shade 'Honey' and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 'Light 2'.
Now a Bronzer/Blushes Pallete which is the item I got the Nail Varnish free with.
I wanted a bronzer and was going to get the Boujois Bronzer Powder, as I have heard a lot of good things about this, but alas it is very expensive so I was not allowed to get it, so I settled for this instead.
I like the shades, I have yet to try them out yet though and i'm a little apprehensive due to the fact that there is nothing separating the colours so i'm not sure if when I start to use it if the colours will start to mix a little. However, i'm sure they will be fine, I will just have to be careful!
I believe the one I have here is '1. Way to Go' although I didn't actually find any other Shimmer Shades pallets in the Boots I was in.

Aaaand back to the expensive items again, I took a photo of both the packaging and the inside because I just think the packaging is just really really nice. In the left photo you can see the box it came in as well as the actual blush holder. On the right you can see the holder open, on the top is a massive, and very useful mirror, on the bottom is the 3 different shades. These shades are VERY pigmented, my mum saw them and immediately told me they would look too strong on me, I actually bought this specific pallete on the advice of the Youtuber 'Zoella' or Zoe Sugg. She definitely pulls this thing off and recons that it lasts a very long time due to how pigmented it is, meaning that you use hardly any and still manage to get the right colour. 
I have the Sleek Blush by 3 Lace pallete here, but again have yet to try this ou

Once again I have two images of this product, this time because I just wanted to show you what it looks like from the outside, but also that the inside has a tool for you to use. I actually got this pallete because of the advice from another Youtuber Essiebutton who said this was a good neutrals pallete for beginners, and who am I to question her!
This is the Makeup Academy Undress Me Too Eye Pallete, and like the others I have yet to try it out, but I like the look of it, not sure i'll use the black though, but we shall see!

Finally, I had to share with you my casual addiction to Polka Dots, thankfully I am a little more expressive with my nails and don't just stick to these or i'm sure we would all be bored very quickly. 
However, I do have far too many polka-dotty clothes (Believe me, you don't even want to know) and to demonstrate this further I have here my purse (Real Cath Kidston - love this so much), phone case, and a bag I also bought with my birthday money. 
As you can see, I am particularly keen on the Red/White or Red/Cream polka dot mix. However, you have to admit, it is cute.

So, that's it my friends. I probably won't share much more beauty things on this blog again, as to be honest I don't know anything about what works well and what doesn't and don't really ever buy beauty products. But I hope you forgive me for this one beauty product related post as it is a haul and I just wanted to share it. 

1 comment:

  1. i havent tried any sinful colors yet, and i love your bag!

    galorious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete