Monday 6 January 2014

New Year Nails and Busy Girl Nails Challenge!

Hey guys,

So I have two things to mention today. The first is to obviously show you the nails I had on for New Year.

Here they are! Very sorry for the absolutely hideous phone photo, but you may notice that they are on top of lined paper.. this is because I have mock exams starting tomorrow. Sadly this means i've been revising hard so didn't have time to take a proper photo before I took these off. Sorrry!
You can't really see it very well, but I was going for a glitter gradient against the gold on 4 nails with the accent a black polish with red hexagonal glitter placed over. I haven't tried doing an accent glitter nail with these large glitters before so thought I would give it a go. Sadly the only colour we had in the house was red and i'm not sure it goes particularly well with the rest, but I thought it was a cool effect.


So, now on to more exciting news. I follow A LOT of blogs, and when I get round to sorting through the posts I haven't read I often find some interesting nails that I might like to attempt, or other interesting pieces. Well today when I was sorting through I came across a post here containing a challenge that seems perfect for me the 'Busy Girls Nails Winter Nail Art Challenge' - long title eh!
Showing you the challenge photo may make more sense so here it is:
New Year Nails
It is starting on the 13th January and I can't wait to get started! This is the first challenge i've done and so it poses two problems; actually remembering that I am doing a challenge and don't just post something else unrelated, and two actually getting Instagram to work and remembering your password.. doh. 

I'm hoping you will see some pretty nails and hopefully some Nail Art too, wish me good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment