So this is an extra post this week, however it will not be featuring any nails.. the reason for this you may ask? I have been nominated for an award.. twice! I had recently read a post about this award and thought it was a really cool idea, not even two days later I get two nominations on the same day.. just wow!
So first I have to say a really big thank you to I 'Art Nails and The Nail Snail (click the links to be taken to the posts).
The rules for the Liebster award are very simple:
- You must link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
However, due to being nominated by two people, I will answer all 22 questions, but then only nominate 11 other bloggers instead of doubling that up too.
So now onto the questions.. I am going to start with I 'Art Nails:
1. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
3 wishes? Wow, that's a big question to answer.. I think I would wish to find success in life, to find true love and that me and those around me are always happy. Bit soppy, but yeah, that's what I would wish for.
2. What beauty item(s) do you carry around in your bag?
A Lip Salve / Vaseline - i'm not really that big on make-up
3. What song would be the soundtrack to your life?
Just one? This is another one I have to sit down and think hard about, mainly because I have certain songs that relate to very specific memories of mine, but I don't have one that particularly stands out as the soundtrack to my life. However, after much iTunes and Spotify listening, I think i'm just going to stick with "Life's a Happy Song" by the Muppets.
4. If you could be any character in any book or film, who would you be?
Agh, another really tough question.. Probably Hermione from Harry Potter, she may go through a lot but she's clever and rates her friends above almost everything else, and at the end she has a guy and they are happy.5. What is your favourite perfume / fragrance?
Well I only own one so i'm guess i'll say that even though I don't use it that much. Its Fantasy by Britney Spears.
6. What has been your biggest beauty / fashion faux pas?
I probably make mistakes with beauty stuff all the time and just don't realise it, fashion-wise I love wearing skirts and generally don't check the weather before I go out, its a bad mix, and yet I don't learn..
7. Natural nails or Acrylic nails?
Natural, easy to answer that one! I have no problems with fake nails and the like, but I think they should only be used at very special occasions like Weddings or the like.
8. If you could have a lifetime supply of make-up, what brand would you want it to be?
Hmm, due to not wearing much make-up I don't really know my brands that well, however it would definitely have to be one that does good make-up as well as Nail Polish (I'm not living without this!), so i'll go with Rimmel London.
9. If you could have a date with any celebrity, who would it be?
Far too many hot guys and not enough my age.. hmm.. I am so tempted to go with one of the One Direction guys. But no, i'll go with Jim Chapman the Youtuber, yes I know he has a fiance, but lets face it, i'm not anything special so any celebrity would not want a second date, and Jim seems like an amazing guy who would be really fun to be around and that I would love to meet. So no, not a romantic date, more like a fun day out.
10. If you could invite 5 people to a dinner party (dead or alive), who would it be?
Damn, now I wish i'd read ahead, well if I haven't already met Jim then him, Liam Payne from 1D, Jessie J, Olly Murs and Tyler Oakley (also a youtuber).
11. Why did you start blogging?
I thought my friends were probably a bit too bored of seeing pictures of my nails on Facebook or Twitter but still wanted a place to keep them, therefore a blog seemed like a good idea.
And now for The Nail Snail's questions!
I'm assuming you're American, because over here in the UK we don't really have as much Country Music, and its nothing like the American Country Music, I also have no idea who Blake Shelton is so I cannot answer, sorry!
Now onto the even harder bit, trying to find 11 people who haven't been nominated before.. tough. (If any of you have been nominated before, I am very very sorry!)
1. Fundamentally Flawless
3. Intense Polish Therapy (Only just less, but the search result in this blog show nothing for 'Liebster')
4. The Daily Nail
6. Cotton Candy Blog
7. Angela's Nail-Time
8. Sabrina's Nail Blog
9. I ♥ Nail Candy
10. Nice Nails
11. Fingers Tip Top
Now my questions:
1. Why did you decide to have a blog to represent your designs rather than say a tumblr account or other social media?
2. What is your favourite High Street polish brand?
3. What would you say is the most essential tool (Other than Nail Varnish) for any Nail Artist?
4. What was the last polish you bought?
5. Who is your favourite musician or band?
6. Do you prefer square or round ended nails?
7. Which polish do you find yourself reaching for more than any other?
8. Who is your favourite Blogger? (Doesn't have to be a Nail Art Blog)
9. The one thing you have bought before and regret buying (Can be anything you want)
10. What is your favourite type of fruit?
11. What is your favourite nail art look that you have ever done?
And that's it, I just want to say thank you so much again to I 'Art Nails and The Nail Snail for nominating me and I can't wait to see the replies to my questions! :)